Monday, August 3, 2009

Shake Shack

I ate at Shake Shack today in Madison Park. The time from joining the enormous line to the time I had food in hand was 50 minutes. Normal wait for the Shack, but tiresome nonetheless. (For those of you who don't know me very well, I loathe waiting on lines, but the lure of the food was a siren song)

I opted for a double cheeseburger and a "Shack-ago" hotdog. I've never had a Chicago style hotdog before so it was a first for me. It rocked. I think a trip to Chicago is in order in the not too distant future.

I suppose that if there weren't "bad" hamburgers, "great" ones wouldn't exist because there would be no counterpoint for comparison, but I'm still amazed at how few great hamburgers are out there. Shake Shack burgers are very, very good. Why else would people regularly wait on line for more than an hour just to eat fast -- get it?... "fast" ... irony -- food?

What a gaping hole in the restuarant market!

No comments:

Post a Comment